- Sale, Offers & New In
- Nuts & Seeds
- Dried Fruit
- Cacao & Chocolate
- Baking & Cooking
- Culinary Herbs & Spices
- Healthy Snacks & Treats
- Coffee, Tea & Drinks
- Condiments & Oils
- Dried Vegetables
- Sport & Fitness
- Personal Care & Alternative Therapies
- Japanese Foods
- Selection Packs
- Homecare & Cleaning
- Empty Bottles & Jars
- Baby & Child Products
- Pet Food
This sweet vegetable is originally native to North America, and packed with nutrition with generous amounts of beta carotene, calcium, iron, B vitamins and various other nutrients. A favourite dietary choice of many hypoglycaemic people, both organic dried pumpkins and ground powders hold a heap of other healthy properties. More than this, the unique pumpkin taste continues to be explored, applied and reinvented in recipes around the UK, Europe and the whole world.
Our natural and organic dried pumpkins are:
- A superb source of carotenes
- Packed with vitamin C
- Rich in folic and pantothenic acid
- A great source of potassium and dietary fibre
- good source of B6 and niacin (vitamin B3)
What goes with pumpkins?
Pumpkins, dried or not, suit a wide range of flavours. Here we’ve listed a few favourites, to help you create and vary your home cooking to great effect.
- Well suited herbs include: rosemary, basil, marjoram and sage
- Recommended spices for pumpkins are: ginger, nutmeg, black pepper, turmeric, cardamom and cloves
- Sweet additions: cinnamon and vanilla (though use this sparingly as its flavour can easily overpower foods)
- Outlandish options: chilli pepper, fennel, aniseed or star anise. Again, these are often best used in modest amounts.
Love this healthy vegetable?
Try its delicious seeds (if you haven’t already). They’re one of the most popular products we sell. This is partly due to how many foods they go with – and partly down to the sheer nutritious punch they pack! A perfect all-rounder you won’t regret trying.