Hailing from China, the apricot weighs in with all the best dried fruit. Packing a super nutritious punch, its notoriety is ever growing across the world. And need we mention the flavour? The unique, deep and juicy taste makes it perfect for countless desserts, cakes, breakfast cereals, and porridge. Not to mention making jam, chutney and even both fruit and veg salads! We sell a huge variety of natural and organic dried apricots: chopped, whole and powdered.
Our delicious dried apricots are:
- Absolutely loaded with vitamin A
- Packed with super-healthy potassium
- Rich in copper and cobalt
- A great source of calcium, silicon, phosphorous and vitamin C
- A very alkaline food – making them a great digestive aid.
100% natural and organic dried apricots
As you’ll see here, we sell a massive variety of dried apricots. This includes those that have not been treated with sulfur dioxide, which makes them taste a lot sweeter. But if you love the more traditional yellow dried apricot (which is a little sharper in taste) then we’ve got you covered too. Do not worry, although many of you may prefer to avoid excess sulfur dioxide in your diet, we can assure you that it’s a very common natural preservative used on most dried fruit.
Easy dried apricot jam recipe
Try this beautiful and really simple apricot jam recipe. This will make about 4.5kg or 10lb of jam. More than enough for all your friends and family!
925g (2lb) Dried Apricots Pieces
2.8kg (6lb) Golden caster sugar (or any natural sweetener you desire!)
3.5lt (6 pints) Water
2 Whole Lemons
1. Wash and soak the dried apricots over night.
2. Place them into the water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, and add the lemon juice too.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid the mixture sticking to the pan.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar, until fully dissolved.
5. Bring to the boil and cook rapidly until it starts to settle. Then when it has totally cooled it will need to be potted up. And then… eaten!