- Sale, Offers & New In
- Nuts & Seeds
- Dried Fruit
- Cacao & Chocolate
- Baking & Cooking
- Culinary Herbs & Spices
- Healthy Snacks & Treats
- Coffee, Tea & Drinks
- Condiments & Oils
- Dried Vegetables
- Health, Beauty & Personal Care
- Personal Care
- Japanese Foods
- Selection Packs
- Homecare & Cleaning
- Empty Bottles & Jars
- Baby & Child Products
- Pet Food
We sell top quality natural and organic chlorella in lots of different forms to healthy customers across the UK and Europe. Countless customers now consider this an essential whole food purchase. Little wonder: this dark green superfood is one of our best-selling hyper-healthy foods. With vegetable and plant extracts in general, strong colours nearly always indicate high potency nutrition. And Chlorella is certainly a heavyweight in this category. Choose from simple dietary tablets or handy powders.
What is chlorella?
Chlorella is a single-celled green algae, and its name literally means "green" (chloros) and "small" (ella) in Latin. It grows in fresh water, and it's most naturally abundant in Asia. Experts say chlorella has been around for at least 2 billion years. But remarkably, due to its microscopic size, its brilliance as a food seems to have gone undiscovered until the end of the 19th century. Chlorella is well known for its ability to help cleanse and detoxify the body. It has been found to attach itself to heavy metals, and pollutants in the body, escorting them free from our system.
Chlorella's bodily benefits
This freshwater algae absolutely packed with goodness. Typically, it contains more than 20 different minerals and vitamins! Take a look at its amazing nutritional profile and other facts right here.
The benefits of Chlorella are not just limited to detoxification. There are many other testimonies and research strongly supporting its use to help aid weight loss, digestion, cell renewal, reduction of the side effects of radiation treatment, cold and flu prevention and much more...
We've cracked it!
Although chlorella has a tough cell wall that makes the raw product relatively indigestible, cellulase enzyme supplementation and processing methods that break this cell wall down have now made Chlorella readily available as a superfood. And our team were delighted to be one of the first companies to supply chlorella powder and tablets in the UK and Europe!
In terms of how to take chlorella powder, our cell-wall-cracked product is a complete food appropriate for anyone over two years old in the daily dosage range of one to two teaspoons per day. Some experts suggest taking chlorella around half an hour before meals to improve digestion.
Our top tips and suggested uses
The more we learn about this impressive food, the more our staff want to use it (even more than we currently do). Not tried chlorella yet? If you’re unsure how to get reaping its tasty rewards – fear not! This superfood will lend itself easily to countless culinary concoctions…
- Love your morning or daily juice? Whisk your natural and organic chlorella into a paste with a small amount of liquid, then top it up with your favourite juice. Delicious. Just bear in mind that at first, as with lots of flavours, gentle introduction is always a good idea. You probably won’t need very much chlorella to begin with, so consider starting with just a shallow teaspoon per glass. After a few days or weeks, up the dosage to your liking. That is, if you’re not already smitten with the unique taste!
- Boost the nutrition and flavoursome depth of any single smoothie you care to create! Just chuck in a few teaspoons (or tablespoons if you really love it) into your blender. Then watch as your recipe takes on a whole new dimension of flavour.
- Whip it up into a cleansing simpe health tonic. Start the day with a dash of naturally prebiotic chorella powder. mix it siply with some water and perhaps some extra goodness to sweeten or tang it up, like fresh orange or lemon juice, raw cider vinegar, honey, whatever you desire.
- Many chlorella connoisseurs advise having a moderate serving of natural or organic chlorella powder before mealtimes. This is said to help cleanse the stomach and digestive system, and possibly aid the smooth digestion of your upcoming meal
- Popular fruity flavour matches for chlorella include orange, apple, pineapple, lemon and grape juice. In genera, lots of our customers speak very highly of chlorella mixed with all kinds of tangy or tropical drinks.
Tasty and healthy chlorella recipes online
Here is a short list of some of our favourite chlorella recipe resources. You should find plenty here to tickle taste buds and stir the creative juices!
This tangy pineapple chlorella smoothie is full of wholefood goodness. The basil leaves are a masterstroke and the bee pollen is a really inventive super-healthy inclusion.
A couple of beautiful chlorella food recipes that taste as good as they look. If not even better. Plus another well-presented smoothie recipe for good measure.
A tidy collection with 5 very different chlorella recipes. This includes a highly intriguing concoction (the second one) that uses a bold combination of ingredients!